Adina Sommer`s Rare Antique Maps and Contemporary Art
Saint Louis Rendant la Justice sous le Chéne de Vincennes
|Title||Saint Louis Rendant la Justice sous le Chéne de Vincennes|
Paper sheet to cut out 16 paper figures and to set up a scene of the knight time. " Justice in the forest of Vincennes". The Bois de Vincennes , located on the eastern edge of Paris, is the largest public park in the city. It was created between 1855 and 1866 by the Emperor Napoleon III. The bois de Vincennes was part of the ancient forest that surrounded the ancient Roman town of Lutetia, at that time it was called Vilcena, the origin of the present name. In about 1150 King Louis VII built a hunting lodge at the site of the present chateau.
|Place of Publication||Paris|
|Dimensions (cm)||36,5 x 35|
( A reproduction can be ordered individually on request. )