Adina Sommer`s Rare Antique Maps and Contemporary Art
82. Blankenburg am Harz.
|Title||82. Blankenburg am Harz.|
|Description||Blankenburg (Harz) is a town and health resort in the district of Harz, in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. The dukes of Brunswick-Lüneburg turned the place into a secondary residence in the 17th century and it enjoyed its heyday under Duke Louis Rudolf (1690–1731), the second son of Anthony Ulrich of Wolfenbüttel. Rudolf was given Blankenburg in 1707 as a paragium. At the same time the County of Blankenburg was elevated to the status of an imperial principality (Reichsfürstentum) which was ruled independently until 1731, but then, because Louis Rudolf became a duke, was reunited with Brunswick where it remained. The present-day Little Castle with its terraced garden and baroque pleasure garden stems from that period. From 1807 to 1813 Blankenburg belonged to the Kingdom of Westphalia.|
|Place of Publication||Germany|
|Dimensions (cm)||14 x 16,5|
( A reproduction can be ordered individually on request. )