Adina Sommer`s Rare Antique Maps and Contemporary Art
VI. Section. Der Olmützer Kreis.
|Title||VI. Section. Der Olmützer Kreis.|
|Description||Map shows the Olomouc district with the city of Olomouc in the Czech Republic and a directory of the Dominican Republic. Olomouc was the historical center of Moravia until the 17th century.|
Moravia is a historical region in the east of the Czech Republic and one of three historical Czech lands, with Bohemia and Czech Silesia. The Slavic Moravians settled in the region in the 6th century. In the 7th century Moravia was part of the Samo Empire. At the beginning of the 8th century, the southern part was under the influence of the Avars. After Charlemagne had driven away the Avars, the Moravian Principality was established in the south-east of Moravia, parts of southwestern Slovakia (Záhorie) and later also in parts of Lower Austria towards the end of the 8th century. Since 1031, Moravian history has run almost continuously with the history of Bohemia. The medieval and early modern Margraviate of Moravia was a crown land of the Lands of the Bohemian Crown from 1348 to 1918, an imperial state of the Holy Roman Empire from 1004 to 1806, a crown land of the Austrian Empire from 1804 to 1867, and a part of Austria-Hungary from 1867 to 1918. Moravia was one of the five lands of Czechoslovakia founded in 1918.
|Place of Publication||Vienna|
|Dimensions (cm)||67 x 55 cm|
|Condition||8 sheets, joined together|
( A reproduction can be ordered individually on request. )